Winding River is a well established golfing and active lifestyle community located in Brunswick County, more specifically in Bolivia, NC. The Fred Couples designed golf course, Carolina National, features 27 holes and is well regarded by visitors and locals alike.
The community is quite large including 900 homesites within its 1,300 acres. Although Winding River Plantation sold out many years ago there are typically 10-20 resale homes on the market at any one time in addition to vacant buildable lots. House prices range from the mid 200’s to over a million dollars for waterfront homes with private boat access.
Why is Winding River Plantation a popular community?
- Beach Club Private club for residents located at nearby Holden Beach. The Seaside Club also features a swimming pool and marina.
- Boating Access A 10-slip day marina is provided at the River House located on the Lockwood Folly River.
- Golfing Not every community has 27 holes designed by golfing legend Fred Couples!
- Location and Lifestyle Winding River Plantation’s close proximity to Myrtle Beach, Wilmington and Brunswick County’s peaceful beaches makes it a very attractive location.
- Amenities Winding River is a gated community featuring walking and biking trails, community swimming, tennis and pickleball courts, canoe and kayak launch along with a fitness and workout studio.
If you are interested in building a home in or would like to learn more about move-in ready homes in Winding River, contact us. To search for other new home communities in the Bolivia, visit our New Home Communities page.