St. James Plantation is a gated, waterfront community in Southport, NC with new construction homes from the $200’s. St James Plantation features 81 holes of golf, a private beach club on Oak Island, 155 wet boat slips, dry stack storage for 320 boats, Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway, four Clubhouses and 5,000+ property owners. St. James Plantation is one of the most successful communities in North Carolina and enjoyed by families and retirees alike. New construction homes for sale are available in St. James Plantation from some of the area’s best builders with several floor plans and upgraded features.
Why is St James Plantation a Great Place to Live?
- 81 Holes of Championship Golf – Four courses and clubhouses including the Reserve Club, Founders Club, Members Golf Club, and Players Golf Club. The courses were designed by Nicklaus Design, Pete Dye, Hale Irwin & Tim Cate. One membership gives you access to all courses.
- 13 Har-Tru clay tennis courts – Hosted the USTA Southern Combo State Championships for 2 Years in a Row
- Marina – Wet and Dry slips available, Tommy Thompson’s Grille & Tiki Bar, Tommy’s Market for supplies for a hot day on the water, on the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway
- St. James By The Sea – Private Oceanfront Beach Club on Oak Island, NC. Great Views, Old-fashioned Boardwalk, Oceanfront Gazebo, Picnic & Shower Area, Year-Round Access, Minutes Away
- Fish, Boat, Kayak and 36+ Miles of Biking/Walking Trails
- Lakefront Amphitheatre – Concerts, Fireworks and Social Events
- Dog Parks and Pickleball Courts
If you are interested in building a home in St. James Plantation or would like to learn more about move-in ready homes, contact us. To search for other new home communities in the Coastal North Carolina area, visit our New Home Communities page.